Wednesday 24 October 2007

Yabadabadoo

I'm not abandoning the last thread, but it's obviously quite intense so by way of light relief, thought I'd open a new post - and to restore a slightly friendlier face to this blog. So if anyone has anything fun to share come here. Or serious if you prefer.
I re-watched the film Naked Gun recently. A line has stuck in my head:
Frank Drebban (police officer) to distraught lady: 'Lady, let me assure you that not one man in this force is going to rest one minute until the man who did this to your husband is behind bars.
(to colleague) Now let's get a bite to eat.'
You probably have to see it.
I see Emu is back - or at least a cuter version. With a felt instead of raffia coat apparently. 'The anarchic emu'. What a fabulous bird.

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

The two Hot Shots! movies are also very funny, particularly the second one. I'm a big fan of the Naked Gun movies.

Not of Emu though.

Anonymous said...

Surely you cant be serious

Billy

Bruce said...

What, J about Naked Gun or me about Emu? Emu was a 70s/80s icon - like the muppets. And the Dukes of Hazzard. And Wonder Woman.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I chose the wrong day to give up glue sniffing

Billy

Bruce said...

Oh, and the Flintstones - how cd I forget. Except they're probably from before then - and I'm not really a fan.