Monday 20 August 2007

A bit more on Man

Occasions like weddings and general family get-togethers can't half throw up some issues, can't they, or bring issues into sharper relief...
Carl, Gail and Iona arrived late on the Weds night, 8th. Iona was handed to me and she sat contentedly on my lap, and talked about her 'sandy toes', at which point I realised her command of language had made significant strides since Christmas when we were last all together.
Isle of Man family weddings - of which this was the second - have acquired a venerable tradition of spanning several days in terms of associated social events. Which I think is great - more like a Middle Eastern or African type celebration, not just for the day.
I've been trying not to blog for more than 20min per day, to keep it bite-sized and readable (not that I'm imagining a global audience!) And of course memories - or at least the impression they leave - can fade fast, so need to catch them quick.

No comments: