Sunday 28 February 2010

radio spot: hollywood

radio spot idea, with marina and the diamonds 'hollywood' music bed

'Oh oh, I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America
I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America...'

What are you obsessed with? Speaking personally I’d say face book, football, and um, this song at the moment. And while we're about it, where are you looking for happiness? Job? Kids? Second life? Tescos?

'Oh my god, you look just like Shakira
No no, you’re Catherine Zeta
Actually, my name’s Marina...'

And do YOU ever feel people don’t know who you really are, or are just not interested? What if someone did know? Everything about you - and still loved you? Now who was it I was hearing me about who sounded just like that? Oh yeah, Jesus! AND he said he was the way to true and lasting happiness. Crikey. Scuse me while I sit down and let it all sink in.

'Hollywood infected your brain
You wanna kissing in the rain
Oh oh, I’m living in a movie scene
Puking American dreams...' to fade

4 comments:

Billy said...

Everything about you - and still loved you? Now who was it someone was telling me about who sounded just like that? Oh yeah, Jesus! Also happens to hold the keys to everlasting happiness. Crikey. Scuse me while I sit down and let it all sink in.


I dont get it! If you dont believe in him, you go to hell - how is that love?

You also have to be changed - love takes you as you are! Jesus doen't!

Bruce said...

um, can someone help me here please? :)
for starters, real love takes you as you are, but doesn't let you stay that way...

Billy said...

real love takes you as you are, but doesn't let you stay that way...

Real love does not demand perfection then destroy you for not measuring up.

Real love may want you to change, but it does not force you to.

Should homosexuals be forced to change?

James said...

"What if someone did know? Everything about you - and still loved you?"

Nice cosy thought in a cold world. Almost makes me want to believe. To face reality or to feel imaginary love? Sometimes if you re really cold you can fool yourself into feeling warmer by thinking about sunny beaches and roaring fires. Its not going to help in the long run though. Guess the point is that lifes very short and there is no long run. If you believe in the love of God hard enough it ll last you a lifetime of delusion.