Monday 18 January 2010

radio ads for easter

I’m producing a couple of radio ads, probably one for good Friday and one for easter Sunday, for a big commercial station in Manchester, so need to start dreaming up ideas. I’ve heard it said that postmodern people are not so much asking ‘is it true?’ but ‘does it work?’. so how might the easter message, or some aspect of it, be made fresh and relevant?
Resurrection, coming back to life, made new, surprise, revelation… mary’s first encounter with risen jesus, she thought she was seeing a stranger, but then he spoke her name, personal touch, recognition…hopelessness to hope.
I hope to continue to develop ideas on blog, so if you want to contribute, fee free (that includes you billy:))

3 comments:

Billy said...

The real problem is getting folk to believe that the resurrection actually happened. Is a radio ad going to make me believe that? Definately not! - good luck with that. I imagine it will be more something for the already converted.

PS, what's going on, you're out blogging me, Jonathan and Lee at the moment?

Anonymous said...

How about:

Christianity: not just for homophobic creationist evangelical zooomers

;-)

Billy said...

CB,

I've put a couple of things on my blog about things young earth creationists have to deny - like gravity. Bizarre really :-)

Did you give my challenge to your creationist "friend"?