Saturday 30 June 2007

Don't try that again

Lunch yesterday with ex-teaching colleagues who I'd last seen last June, same deal, last day of their term. Oko oriental restaurant Queen St Glasgow. Some chopstick battles over the shared starters - fun. Some of the dishes were Korean - eg. bulgogi beef in rich sauce, which took me back. Had a bottled Corona too, which a little later I rued. Went to give blood, thought, no problem, have just eaten well. Normally take anaesthetic, nurse persuaded me to try without. Some pins and needles in my hand, then felt a little light-headed... nurse realised maybe best stop, and promptly tilted me right back in the chair so my feet were in the air, like a shuttle astronaut or something. Not the most dignified but it did have the immediate desired effect of preventing what could have been my first faint. Avoid even touching the juice prior to giving blood the clear lesson learned. And don't let this put you off a much needed service - normally it's fine!

3 comments:

Lalalian said...

You get anaesthetic when you give blood?

Wow, we just get mini TVs on our chair which provides all the daytime programs you could ever hope to watch.

Hmmm... I guess that could be considered a non-chemical form of anaesthetic... {:->

Anonymous said...

I've had that experience of being tipped upsidedown at the blood giving place as well, you do feel kinda silly!!

Really must do it again soon tho. Thanks for the reminder :-)

Bruce said...

Thanks guys - I can feel the solidarity:)