Tuesday 19 June 2007

Hello world

So at last I take my first tentative steps in the brave new world of blog land. Who knows where the journey may lead? Last week for the first time I surfed the bloggers of St Silas Glasgow and decided, this is something I need to get in on. Having kept a diary pretty much since I was 17, I feel the time has come to branch out. If I've got something worth saying, let's tell the world! (or at least whoever wants to listen) If I don't, well they'll just stop reading. I think I'll give this a few days privately to get into the swing of it before launching myself on a cruelly unsuspecting audience.
So, what's the thought of the moment? One of the things I've been reflecting on a lot lately is how, in the journey of faith, you progressively move from the periphery to the centre, from the borderlands to the 'zone'. From the flesh to the spirit. 'Remain in me, and I will remain in you' - wow, I think Jesus said that. It's the place of peace, power and creativity. And one of the best bits is, you're on your way there as you get older. The world's response to getting older is so often negative and gloomy; but in Christ, I am being renewed day by day, in a sense - hopefully the right one - becoming more and more like a child as the years roll by, on my way to glory. Now why ever be miserable?

3 comments:

m0ok said...

Welcome, sir.

Simon Varwell said...

Welcome indeed! Good to finally have you in the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Bruce, good to see you've finally joined us! :-)